Friday, August 30, 2013

Aidan's first day @ school.. #Kindy

 School Life.. :)

Let me blog about it..

Starting this entry with "We miss you, Gee!!".. hehe.. The kids nanny for a year and a half, and she got to go back to Indonesia, and perhaps will be coming back in October, In Syaa Allah.. :)

My dear sister, Kak Aisyah suggested to look after Hessa when we told her about our intentions to send both to kindy.. I was so thankful to hear that, since i really think that it is too early to send Hessa there.. As for Aidan, it would be better for him, as if we sent him over to his Makngah's as well, he would have disturbed or interrupted Imran (his cousin) who is now, focusing on his upcoming PMR exam.. So we picked full day program for him.. From 8.30am - 5.30pm.. But ofcoz no class in the afternoon, so more to nursery/ playtime.. :)

However, we chose the kindergarten closest to our family (just in case).. The day before his first ever class, we brought him to buy his own stationery and he was one excited boy for sure! He put everything into his backpack, took them out and put back in like 100 times.. Hehehe.. As a very excited/ kiasu mom, i myself prepared everything the night before, and was planning this and that for him.. Hahaha..

So the day came:

DAY 1:

Aidan arrived at his kindy, feeling so happy.. He went straight to play slides with few other kids.. I told him that i would pick him up in the evening, and he said 'Yes!' So, my heart too said 'Yes! No drama!'.. But i felt that too early i supposed.. At 3 pm, daddy called me up saying he already picked his son up, and i went "Why?".. Ok, i got to know Aidan was crying for us, and when he saw his daddy, he asked to follow him back.. So, day 1, he could only bear it up until 2 pm.. The principal told me that it wasn't a great move for us to send him FULL day on his First Day, as he was stressed out.. He was up for it up until 12.30pm and when the half day kids went home, he was waiting for his ride, and none came for him, so he was a little bit sad, and scared and overwhelmed.. So, Day 1, OK lah.. :)

DAY 2:

This was the day that we were really tested with his crying and excuses.. At one point, i hold him gently, but he cried saying 'Sakit!' just to get him an MC for that day, i supposed.. I told him this and that but nothing worked.. So we decided to send him there anyway.. At around 10 am, my sister called me, saying she had picked Aidan up from school.. I got to know that Aidan cried alone at 1 corner, and my sister was observing from a far.. My sister couldn't take it anymore and walked closer to him, and when he saw her, he ran towards my sister and insisted to go home with her.. So he went back safely to his Anjang's and later to Makngah's.. Day 2, WHY anak mummy??

DAY 3:

Daddy went to talk to his principal, and he asked for her support to help Aidan to get use with the new environment.. Sp, the next morning, I decided to join him for a little while.. I showed him this and that, introduced him to some friends, and later i slowly left him alone with the principal.. I went to the office, and called the principal.. I had this mixed feelings that only a mother would understand.. I got to know he was doing ok, and that he was eating, and waiting for his aunty to fetch him.. Yes, 3rd day, we decided to go for half day (for now), perhaps until he feels comfortable with the place.. Anjang came and fetched him, got to know he didn't cry at all.. Day 3, Good! :)

DAY 4 -7

Daddy sent Aidan, and picked up as usual at 12.30pm.. He would cry in the morning whenever he saw his school, and sometimes kept on insisting not to go to school.. he would say 'Pegi school tomorrow, tido dulu' every single day.. So, i told hubby "hati kena kering" and he sent and picked as usual.. But daddy being daddy, always contemplating on this and that.. He sometimes looked worried sick over his son.. Kesian.. :(


Raya Day.. Happy! :)) 

Yes, all in all, he has been with the kindergarten for a week now.. I hope this crying phase will end soon.. :)

Oh please!

No comments:

Post a Comment